- Yes, it’s been a while. Life is busy and hectic and good.
- Coach & I saw “Son of God” last weekend. I really liked how the story was done. The cinematography was beautiful.
- The weekend before we went to see “Lone Survivor”. Not my kind of movie at all. In fact, I left about 1/2 way in. Of course I knew there would be violence. I just didn’t think it would be more than 2 hours of non-stop, up close, in your face gun battles. I can’t do that much violence. It makes me physically ill.
- The next flick on our list is “Noah”. You can’t go wrong when Russell Crowe and Anthony Hopkins are in the same show.
- A wonderful person that I’ve never met did one of the kindest things for me last month. I cried. He affirmed my thought that there are truly good and selfless people walking among us.
- Work. Wow. It is great! There are big things headed my way. I can’t say much more than that right now but soon enough…. soon enough. I’m a happy girl.
- The beast is active, still. At least the progression has peaked and things have stopped declining some. Now it’s time to adjust to the new normal. I feel very fortunate that the damage is minimal on the grand scale. I have some new numbness, twitching, and gimpiness. But I can handle that. The first few weeks of this relapse were a bit rough mentally. I felt as though my brain had been replaced with champagne. Bubbles. I don’t know how else to describe it. It was more than the fog we all know and love. Thank God that has lessened a lot.
- Coach & I attended a funeral today. Young man… much too young. His brother plays baseball on Coach’s team. I would bet there were more than 500 people at the service.
- I’m missing my family. It’s been about 3 months since we were there. Looking forward to summer break so we can visit again. I love where we are living. We both have wonderful jobs. Life is really good for us here at the tip o’ Texas… but I miss the family.
- Some other things I have been missing – writing here, drawing, snapping photos, reading. There’s no gumption left in me when I get off work. I have enough energy left to eat dinner and sit in my recliner. That’s about it. And my mind is mush at the end of the day. So much of what I’ve been doing is brain work. Lots of reading, research, and writing. One of these days though, soon enough…
- I’ve missed my blog friends. I hope you are all doing well and hanging in there. Unfortunately I have not read anyone’s stuff. I will get back to it. I have to. I felt good and motivated and connected when I had time and gumption to read -
- I even have a brand spankin’ new Kindle Fire! It was a gift for a job well done. That’s a story for another time. For now I will say that I work for some incredible folks… the kind of people that recognize hard work and effort and they show their appreciation in big ways. I’m blessed to be right where I am.
- I need to make a time management schedule. I need to pencil in time for the things I’m missing.
- 5 minutes to draw
- 5 minutes to read
- 5 minutes to write
- 5 minutes to take a photo
- My soul is aching.
- One of these days
- Soon enough… soon enough
It’s been a long while since I’ve been here. But I’m still here.
I’m in the midst of what seems to be a true relapse these days. It all started a few weeks ago when I had that nasty stomach virus. Ah the triggers. What’s new is right sided weakness… fairly significant in my arm/hand and noticeable on my face. The smile is somewhat crooked these days. Cute. There’s also been an inability to concentrate, focus. I do well for the first few hours of the day but beyond that, concentration is tough. My memory hasn’t changed and I’m grateful for that at least.
This lack of concentration has made it difficult to write here. I blow my wad at work so by the time I’m home from work…. well, there’s not much going on upstairs. Following a conversation requires all of my mental energy and I have to eliminate all background noise & distraction. Reading, which I’m doing a lot of at work right now, proves to be near impossible. I take many breaks to refocus myself. It makes going through documents a very slow process.
Such is life.
Work is great. Busy but great. Lots of exciting things coming up in the next few months. Training, conferences, education fairs and such. I feel very blessed to be in this position.
Over the past 3 weeks I have been rebuilding my wardrobe. I’ve been in uniforms of one sort or another most of my working life. I’ve never been interested in career clothes. But it’s become necessary of late. I was worried about buying new things for myself. I haven’t done that in many years… I am talking about spending hundreds on nice clothes….. clothes that I normally not comfortable wearing.
I’ve had great luck though! I love Kohl’s! I have built the foundation of a great wardrobe and saved so much money doing it. I sale shop and Kohl’s ALWAYS has good sales. And Kohl’s has one of those rewards programs that has really paid off for me. For example, I wanted a pair of riding style boots. I watched for sales and last week it hit. The boots are Vera Wang priced normally at $100…. they were marked down to $29.99 and I had $25 Kohl’s reward money. I bought those beautiful boots for $4.80! I scored!
Cute eh? And so comfortable!
And now the brain is mush… at 5:30 in the morning already mush.
Time to rest it before work.