- I do believe that the local rooster (and the owl living in our tree) has his rhythm a bit off… he seems to crow at the wrong times. for instance, when the great 10 minute storm of July 18, 2012 blew in and the skies darkened a bit, taking on the look of dawn… the dang rooster crowed… and crowed and crowed. And then the owl decided the skies looked a bit like dusk so he began hooting… weirdness
- one of the great things about not working anymore…. no bras! I have been commando for the better part of 6 weeks… I know, TMI…sorry
- Beulah was a hot mess last night…actually it was more like the small hours of this morning… there were several gunshots last night before bed…sounded like a shotgun
- around 2 in the morning Beulah came in fussing and whining. I let her out for a few minutes… then she was in bed with me trying to crawl onto the bedside table – which is really like a cubby hole/closet type thing. I finally got up and went to the couch so as not to wake coach up… we slept on the couch for a while, okay I slept on the couch for what was left of the night. At some point I woke up and Beulah was curled up next to coach in the bed…. dang dog
- I’m looking a bit scaly these days. Peeling like crazy – I peel good too. Big sheets of skin…sorta fun – like peeling dried Elmer’s Glue off your hand
- I took some pictures of Pistol the Pony the other day. He is looking so much better. When we had to leave him in Austin for a month, we had a friend that we paid to feed and care for him. Yeah, well. Obviously the friend didn’t do such a good job. It was quite shocking when we saw him the first time. Moral of the story? Don’t trust anyone else to care for your animals in the same way that you would. The sad thing here is that the friend is a horse owner. His horse looks great…he takes really great care of her. Pistol and the other horse were side by side so it shouldn’t have been any big deal for him to throw some feed Pistol’s way when he was there. We bought plenty of feed and PAID the guy to feed….. yeah.
#4f81bd; font-size: 9pt;">Figure 1This is BETTER than he was
#4f81bd; font-size: 9pt;">Figure 2 So nice to see his ears up and his personality coming back
- He will continue getting better. We are feeding him good stuff, he has a great apartment and he is getting lots of exercise these days.
- Okay, I do believe it is now nap time… this is one tired girl. And since Beulah is already in bed snoozing away… well… blasted dog! ha!