- I have spent the past several days trying to figure what the hell I’m going to do. I have no idea. None. And I’m at my wits end trying to figure out. Google Reader is going away! You have no idea the discombuberation that is going to cause in my internet world. I cannot locate a reader that works the way I want it to work. I’ve looked at at least 20 different options over the past few days and there is nothing that is satisfying me now. I’ve thought about just transferring all my subscriptions to email but my inbox would overflow in not time flat. I understand Google wants us all to use the + page but it doesn’t have a way to view feeds. Not that I’ve found anyway. So for now I’m transferring my feeds to a folder use live bookmarks in firefox. It’s not the perfect solution but it’s something until I find the right platform. I’ve looked at bamboo, feedly, pulse, wordpress.com reader, and lots more. Bleh.
- Has anyone heard from Herrad or Richie? I know I’ve been out of the loop so I was just wondering… I haven’t gotten any updates on her feed, just visited her site and see there’s nothing new posted. I hope they are doing alright….
- As much as I love the hooka vapor smoking system, and as much as it’s a great alternative to smoking… I would give just about anything for a real, honest to goodness, light me up cigarette…. holy cow
- Men are so flippin stubborn. Many of you already know this. Coach is in that category… no doubt about it. He has been dealing with pain since we moved in June. His hip/groin area… some days it’s bad others not so much. He’s been limping and gimping for 9, almost 10 months now. He was certain that he pulled a muscle… I wasn’t so sure…especially after 2 months with no improvement. I’ve been after him to go to the doctor. Please just go get an x-ray and let them look. Nope. It’s the muscle. He’s been getting “therapy” from the trainers at school… no help. I’ve been stretching him… no help. And through all of this do you suppose he has slowed down? At all? Nope. Not even a little bit. He continues to lift unbelievable amounts of weight and do all the things he does when he feels good.
- So finally, finally… he made an appointment to go see a doctor for some injections. He figured getting an injection into the muscle of the affected area would help the healing process speed up. He decided that it just wasn’t getting better quick enough to suit him. Gee, you think?
- Much to Coach’s surprise… there were no injections… and there will be no injections. Well, at least not the kind he was hoping for. After an exam and x-rays, they believe he has a femoral hernia. We are waiting on an MRI at this point and then he will be going under the knife.
- Now, most of us would be concerned about surgery, anesthesia, the pain, recovery, etc… naturally. That is a normal response to being told that surgery is in the future. But not Coach. He’s upset about the time off from lifting his beloved weights, and there is a great deal of concern about being completely ready for spring football.
(If he’d listened to me months and months ago…)