· The people who are in charge of the marketing campaigns for new television shows are really good at their jobs. I hope they are paid top rate. I have seen more than a few commercials for television programs that looked really good….. but then, when I take time out of my evening to watch one, I end up miserably disappointed in the crap emitting from my television set.
· Do you ever get involved in a story – book, TV series, movie – and find yourself pulling for the bad guys? Currently, we are involved in a very good series and I feel so guilty! I empathize much too much with the main characters who happen to be the bad guys. The Americans is the show. Set during the Cold War, two KGB spies posing as a married couple and living as Americans…. They have 2 kids born in the US. The husband wants to defect and become American. The wife is very loyal to Russia….but I think she’s beginning to change her mind. Their kids have NO idea their parents are KGB. And… their next door neighbor is an FBI agent hunting KGB spies. Oh the twists and turns the story takes!
· There have been some days that required me to get to work about 2 hours early. Ah the joys of fire drills for all shifts!
· I made my drill plan for the year.
· That’s the number of scheduled drills. There will be more than that though. After a drill I write an after action report that includes strengths and areas that need improvement. Then a corrective action plan is written for those things needing improvement. I create activities to do with the staff like training and such…. Then a deadline is set to re-drill and measure the response for improvement.
· Remember the days when a drill was just a drill? The climate of the world has changed all that.
· Most of the reports are tied to money… grants and the like. So they have to be done. When the surveyors from various regulating agencies come for a visit I have to show the documentation. CMS (Medicare/Medicaid), Joint Commission, and etc.
· Job security.
· Our precious Queen Beulah is getting old on us. I think she’s losing her vision. She has a sort of foggy haze in her eyes… cataracts me thinks. Poor girl.
· It’s just about bedtime. Sleep tight!