I have been a gypsy, a lover, a mother, a daughter… a granny, a friend, and a peace-keeper. Some call me their own personal Forrest Gump. I have traveled to many places; I have worked in many jobs… I have studied many subjects…
As a result, I know many things about many things, but not everything about anything.
I am so very glad you are here to experience this mess! Sit back, kick off your shoes and stay a while…don’t forget your coffee (or adult sparkling beverage if needed)…
My name is Sherri, and most people call me Sherri. (Although there are some who may or may not have other names for me) I’ve recently celebrated the 27th anniversary of my 21st birthday next month and that is something I’m finding hard to reconcile in my 14 year old mind.
I hail from the big ol’ state of Texas, where the mosquitoes are the size of sparrows and the heat is the equivalent of being dipped in a boiling vat of water. (think excessive humidity with that flippin’ heat)
I have had MANY life changes in the past few years – the first two are the most important.
1) I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in September of ’10
2) I was married to my best friend
3) We moved more than 300 miles away from all my friends & family
4) I have a new job that is big and maybe a bit intimidating
My ol’ man is a high school football coach, which is a very time-consuming thing. For those of you who know anything about high school football in Texas, you know what I mean. The games around here are huge… the stadium will be packed with at least 8,000 folks, sweat glistening on their skin under the Friday night lights. It’s really quite something. I am learning to be the consummate coach’s wife.
More about Sherri…
On the advice of my super, most incredible neurologist, I have taken up the pencil (pen, brush, nib) in an attempt to gain better use of my hands. I suffer from tremors & cramping (memory loss, walking challenges sometimes, and a plethora of other things). I must admit that I see a change for the better with my hands & eye-hand coordination. Okay, enough of the depressing stuff.
These artistic endeavors are something new to me. While I’ve been doing photography (sometimes professionally) and journalistic type writing since I was 15, I am a virgin to sketching & painting & all that involves. I’m not very good… yet. I have great aspirations to be acceptable at it.
And even more about Sherri….
I have so many thoughts rolling around up in the noggin, sort of all disconnected and discombuberated…. I have a sometimes twisted and dark sense of humor, finding this a much better way to deal with the junk that the Universe throws my way. I spend my days reading, writing, drawing, and taking a few photos here & there. Not what I expected to end up filling my days with… A new journey!
We spend a great deal of time making fun of me…. we laugh at me…we cry over me too…but mostly we laugh. I am entertaining…I am a site… each day is an adventure that gives us something new to work through -and that’s true of everyone, cripple or not!
And just in case you haven’t read enough about Sherri….
These are my hats.
There are too many hats.
But I sure love my hats. Mostly.
- Wife – enhanced by the Coach’s Wife caveat
- Mother – the most fabulous mother
- Granny – deeply loved and sought after
- Computer geek – troubleshooter, fixer, installer, master cusser
- Emergency Manager – the real job… disaster mitigation, planning, response, recovery
- Dog Mom – of a most rotten dog who is completely obsessed with her momma
- Grocery Shopper – I’d give this one up if we could figure out a way to go without food
- Launderer – I hate this one most of all… despise it… can’t stand it!
- Dishwasher (part-time) – MS allowing, I do my best to keep up with this one but depend a great deal on Coach to help me out
- Cook (part-time) – except breakfast which is Coach’s gig… I do lunch & dinner (unless breakfast is for dinner)
- Yard girl (part-time) – I plant things, I water things… Coach mows and chops things, and spreads a bit of fertilizer from time to time
- Runner of errands – most especially during football and baseball seasons… fixing to add wrestling season… okay, so runner of errands about 11 1/2 months out of the year
- MS survivor wanna-be
- Keeper of the schedules – I’m a calendar girl… not to be confused with a pin-up girl (see the last entry)… I have a calendar that is synched up on every device known to man… and I keep lists, journals, task and to-do books…
- CFO (I fail at this one from time to time) – I do my best… I really do… I promise! But when the beast wakes up and makes fog in my noggin, I have been known to forget to pay this or that bill… and we end up doubling up on payments making it nearly impossible to ever get fully in the black… and don’t even mention a savings account… ugh! I need to be fired from this position… repossess my hat please!
- Graphic Designer – brochures, flyers, headers, and etc… it’s loads of fun
- Spreadsheet Maker – need some data organized?
- Database Creator – one for work, one for football, and I’m sure there will be more in my future
- And last but not least
- Resident Fat Girl Slug
So there you go…. I’m a woman with hats. And each hat fits me well, for the most part anyway. Some hats I got on my own… others were given to me.
This policy is valid from 19 August 2010 and shall continue indefinitely until one of the following happens:
~ I decide to stop writing.
~ The earth ceases to exit.
~ The MS beast prevents me from continuing.
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog does not receive compensation for posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products (otherwise what’s the point of having a blog i ask you). The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the author’s own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest (certainly not!).